Dracula-X / Symphony of the Night

Translating Dracula X / SOTN Beta V1.02 1.021

Wolf swimming ability. Never looked into if the sprites still exist on it. Does anybody even use it lol. Possible yes, worth my time to look into it? Maybe not in the near future.

Outer wall mist. Possible yes, but see the wolf comment.
Thanks. The swiming is only useful to easily complete those underwater maps on the second castle. There are 2 terrible bugged spots to fill on the upper left section on the map. The wolf is used there.

Thanks. The swiming is only useful to easily complete those underwater maps on the second castle. There are 2 terrible bugged spots to fill on the upper left section on the map. The wolf is used there.
I was able to get it without the wolf

Last edited:
OK, there was a bad merge that places the line of code that fixed the underground cavern line into the outer wall. Here is a fix. Let me know if you experience any issues.
Thanks, it did fix the skeleton crash and Alucard's name. But the game continues to crash at the spots I marked on the map last page. Maybe an emulator thing?

Thanks, it did fix the skeleton crash and Alucard's name. But the game continues to crash at the spots I marked on the map last page. Maybe an emulator thing?
It may be the disc you are using.

Are you certain it breaks in royal chapel? Let me try in mednafen

Ok, breaks on Mednafen, but not yaba sanshiro. When I get off of work I will try on hardware.

Looks like the issue is with the Death text fix. I will have to double check to make sure I am restoring all registers properly.

Last edited:
it might be a little picky but when alucard meets Maria in front of the clock, she asks: "what do you here?". Its a minor thing but the only one I noticed so far. Game is damned difficult with alucard and I dont want to use guides or emulators save states so its gonna take a pleasant while till I finish this. Congrats Knight that u are still working on improvements.

Attachments

• pantallazo.jpeg
    pantallazo.jpeg
    207.4 KB · Views: 187
it might be a little picky but when alucard meets Maria in front of the clock, she asks: "what do you here?". Its a minor thing but the only one I noticed so far. Game is damned difficult with alucard and I dont want to use guides or emulators save states so its gonna take a pleasant while till I finish this. Congrats Knight that u are still working on improvements.
That will get changed in the PSP script version

Any new release is going to break them. I am rewriting game code, that is how poor of a job they did creating this game.
Ah I figured as much, the 1.0 patch in the contest thread works just fine anyway. Figured I'd mention it in case it was related to the other issues 1.02 seems to be having. Thanks for all your hard work, by the way!

I've been lurking for a while, just wanted to post and thank you for the translation.
As Axel Stone mentioned, the game freezes on Mednafen/Beetle Saturn on certain spots.
The spot here on the bottom right where the white dot is, the game freeze up when I proceed to the right, happens with latest v1.021 patch posted above.

I've been lurking for a while, just wanted to post and thank you for the translation.
As Axel Stone mentioned, the game freezes on Mednafen/Beetle Saturn on certain spots.
The spot here on the bottom right where the white dot is, the game freeze up when I proceed to the right, happens with latest v1.021 patch posted above.

Can you get me a save?

Yes, of course.
You'll have to excuse my infantile sense of humour regarding the player name I used. :biglaugh:

Attachments

• mednafen_saves.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 153
Back