Dracula-X / Symphony of the Night

Translating Dracula X / SOTN Beta V1.02 1.021

... come on man, this is now a joke. It is in the thread on RHDN ...... 2 posts before yours.

1625945634045.png

Hi Trekkies & K0D! I'm a huge fan of your work! This is not a feature request, more of just a theoretical question: how hard would it be to dub the voices with the PS1 voice acting? IMO, that's the definitive version of the voice acting.

Hi Trekkies & K0D! I'm a huge fan of your work! This is not a feature request, more of just a theoretical question: how hard would it be to dub the voices with the PS1 voice acting? IMO, that's the definitive version of the voice acting.
Dubbing the PSX and PSP voices is in the works. I need to find the patience to split the voices on the PSX side

The one issue with the PSX voices is that there's one or two additional voiced scenes in the Saturn version that aren't in the PSX version. They are in the PSP version though. So for the PSX voices you'll either end up with no voices, switching back to JP voices, or switching to the PSP voices. Probably no voices would be the least jarring option. But if you go with the PSP voices you can at least have consistency throughout.

I am not forcing voices on anybody. The only way I would force it is if I was commissioning my own retranslation (and to all my nay-sayers claiming original scripts from other games are not considered translations, they are. To do it again is called a retranslation,) with voice actors, which I currently have zero interest in doing.

Right now, here is my current outline with this project.

1) All of the bugs mentioned, have been fixed, with the exception of item text length. This will be released when the SS Patcher goes to version 2.0.

2) After this, I want to work on allowing the game scripts to be of any size.

3) Design a different program to rip out the PSX audio text into a format I can use.

4) Produce the PSP variant text

5) Update the audio program to rip out PSP audio.

From this point on, order is likely to change.

6) Release the program I am using to translate out to allow for other patches like those of the Gemini project. I am not going to rip off anymore than I have to,.

7) Work on getting the map screen to appear as an overlay in game.

8) Clean up the routine handled during VBlank to improve performance.

9) Introduce new sprite work, or at the very least, the ability to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just so people are curious, here is why things seem slow:

I am also working on improving SS Patcher.
I just released V23 of Shining Force 3 Patch.
I am working on a program that can edit almost all of SF3 assets, (which I am trying to further work for all Saturn games)
I am working on adding proper Twin Sticks support for Bulk Slash.
I recently finished helping Trekkies recompress images for Mickey and Donald.
I am working on getting US XBand drivers into the Japanese games.
Also working on getting Netlink games to play well over VoIP.
I have a start in FEDA Remake translation.
I have a start in Black Matrix translation.
I am assisting in the Deathmask translation.

Along with all of these, I help the other projects when I can because I know those guys would do the same for me.

On top of all of this, I still have a life. My work varies from 37 hours to 50 hours a week, and I do have a girlfriend that also expects my attention.

Now I know what I listed does seem like a lot for 1 person, but juggling these things around prevents me from getting bored and burning out.

Hello KnightofDragon,

I hate to sound like a broken record but I am having trouble with the Sega Saturn Patcher. Let me explain my understanding of the step to patch.

I have a bin and cue of Dracula X
I downloaded the latest sega saturn patcher and latest patch per the site.
Open up the patcher
find the cue
add patch
hit build

the app appears to crash and I dont have a message stating any errors or a newly produced bin/cue per the folder i designated.

any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?

any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Hello KnightofDragon,

I hate to sound like a broken record but I am having trouble with the Sega Saturn Patcher. Let me explain my understanding of the step to patch.

I have a bin and cue of Dracula X
I downloaded the latest sega saturn patcher and latest patch per the site.
Open up the patcher
find the cue
add patch
hit build

the app appears to crash and I dont have a message stating any errors or a newly produced bin/cue per the folder i designated.

any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?

any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
can you provide some info on your setup?

My only guess is there is something wrong with your temp directory, and it is not throwing an error. Probably an unchecked permissions issue

Back