What is the worst control pad....

The playstation pad is fine unless you play 2D beat em ups, then again, I have an arcade stick for such things!
biggrin.gif

I second the vote for the turbo touch 360. Non-responsive and stupid. Horrible idea. In second comes the god awful super scope. What a horrible design. Just picked one up at the flea market and I can't even figure out how to hold it correctly. I think i'm too big for the damn thing.

I dont really know any pads i didnt like but i got to disagre with the people saying the N64 pad is the worstalways thought it was a great pad

Heres sme comments on others:

I love the DC pad and Saturn nights pad but the DC should have 6 buttons on front.

Snes and Megadive were nice to.

I do like the game cube and PS2 although PS2 should have triggers like the DC pad for analogue use.

And the best cntoller not a pad but joystick must have been the ZipStick for amiga and other computers of the time, 2 buttons 1 stick simple but very effective.

I hate one version of the Sega Saturn pads, the flatter-non-genesis-like one, the l/r-buttons are just a tad to easy to press so I regularly tap them accidentaly.

Also I HATE the D-Pad on the MadCatz Dreamcast-controllers. What is the purpose of having 6 standard buttons for fighting games when the D-Pad doesn´t allow precise movements in a straight line? It´s almost as awful as the first Logitech Wingman gamepads, the ones which now have blue buttons, they originally came with red ones, a standard joy-connector instead of USB and I swear that they inserted the contacts 45degrees rotated, I never could walk in a straight line in OMF with these.

I like the standard XBox-controller though, I´m waiting for a driver to use it on a pc, it is a standard USB-controller after all.

Two no one has mentioned:

1. The original Panasonic 3DO pad. We don't need no stinkin' diagonals.

2. The Activator. 'nuff said.

Okay I figured we would see alot of PSX pad bashing here but honestly that is one of my favorite overall pad designs behind the Japanese Saturn controller. The psx controller is suprisingly comfortable for playing hours of games with it. I definately agree tho about it being nuts for fighters.

On to the worst. Worst controller I have ever used has to be the Amiga CD32 controller. Is it a controller or an expensive boomerang you be the judge. The design just feels cludgy.

Next up comes the Panasonic 3D0 as mentioned before. It just plain sucks ass. Eventually I got a much better designed Goldstar 3D0 controller.

Now for something that hits near and dear to alot of your hearts. I hate the original Sega Genesis controller. It was far too big, had too short of a cord, and the D pad caused massive raw thumb after only a short period of use. Also as it wore the D Pad seemed to want to stick in the corners. I was so happy when the 6 button pads came out, but my favorite pad for the Genesis is still the SG Ascii pad. Was very comfortable and the responsiveness was superb.

Originally posted by Random Hajile@June 12 2002,00:06

My vote would go to the N64's standard pad, that thing is clunky as hell!

I completely agree. That thing made my wrists sore for three days then the N64 went up on ebay......

The ps2 dualshock 2 is waay to small and terrible for any game. It is way too small for anyone over the age of 7 years old, the buttons really piss me off also..

I think all controllers should have triggers like the dc and xbox have, not your standardized "buttons" Xbox controller S is awsome, nice fit , re arranged face buttons (abxy) a nicer dpad (altho not as nice as sega nomad or the second release of the saturn game pad) The anolog sticks are in better places than the ps2 pads as well..

altho i still wish i could have my beloved saturn pad 2 for all fighting games

Dude, the NES Max is my most endorsed pad. I LOVED and still love that thing. It's the most awesome pad out there for playing platform games.

On that note I should go build myself a NES controller adapter for the PC so I can use my NES Max again
smile.gif

Worst controller ever: The Phillips CD-i remote
tongue.gif

NOTHING YOU CAN POSSIBLY FIND SUCKS MORE THAN THAT. You had to buy their $30 controller if you had any hope of playing games.

u-force? =)

also with n64, my index finger would get a really bad cramp if i tried to keep hitting the R button and still use my thumb for the face buttons. the worset case was probably playing 1080 where you had to pull off that goofy spinn the stick 3 times and hit A and R on delay. trying to get that down. man. i must have tried for a good 2 hours or something. id get backside and then not be able to get frontside. anyway. index was really dead after that. never had the problem with dc, but i do get it occasionally in halo, constantly shooting with R.

Back