Dracula X Extended mod patch by paul_met

TrekkiesUnite118

Established Member
If it was all about the patch, then such a bug at the very beginning of the game would be immediately noticed by everyone. It seems that the game does not find any files.
I noticed he said he's playing it on the MODE optical drive emulator. Does the extended patch go beyond 650MBs in size? I remember there was an issue with MODE returning the Security Ring for any read beyond that size which impacted things like the Lunar Silver Star Story patch. So that could be what's going on here.

rowindincht

Gear Supporter
oh my, I have never seen this myself. Can you provide Paul more info on your setup?
  • Sega Saturn Model 2 MK-80000A
  • Terraonion MODE 1.05 R2
  • Action Replay Pro Flashed with Pseudo Saturn Kai's latest revision (I have tried the game with the cart in, and out of the Saturn.)

I don't know what other information might be needed, but whatever it is just let me know and I'll post it.

If it was all about the patch, then such a bug at the very beginning of the game would be immediately noticed by everyone. It seems that the game does not find any files.
I just tried my copy on Yabause 0.9.15 and the issue I showed on video didn't replicate itself there. I'm assuming it's either my MODE or something else might be the issue.

paul_met

Established Member
I noticed he said he's playing it on the MODE optical drive emulator. Does the extended patch go beyond 650MBs in size? I remember there was an issue with MODE returning the Security Ring for any read beyond that size which impacted things like the Lunar Silver Star Story patch. So that could be what's going on here.
The final size after patching is somewhere around 470 mb.

rowindincht

Gear Supporter
The final size after patching is somewhere around 470 mb.
Checking the properties of it, it's about 469 MB (492,440,592 bytes). Later on I'll try seeing if I can get past the Bloodlines intro via emulation, then later see if it loads up on official hardware.

Attachments

• Dracula.PNG
    Dracula.PNG
    9.7 KB · Views: 57
I just tried your hack and loaded one of my saves. The ability to load the map directly and fast is the best feature of this version. It changes everything! Thanks a lot :D