Dracula X Extended mod patch by paul_met

And I'd imagine it was a side effect of how the game was done on PS1. If it was built for Saturn first I'd imagine they would have probably used another VDP2 tilemap layer for those static decorations.
maybe, who knows. They may have had other intentions like you said earlier with having them be breakable. Could be a simple flag to determine if something is breakable or not, and an executive decision was made to have it not be breakable.

And I'd imagine it was a side effect of how the game was done on PS1. If it was built for Saturn first I'd imagine they would have probably used another VDP2 tilemap layer for those static decorations.
That's what I meant. If the sprite is static or non-animated, then it is better to make it a tile. Such solution will simplify the game code and improve performance. Especially if there is a free NBG layer.

There something strange going on this area..invisible platform and stairs .. using 1.3 patch
20210917_151918.jpg

Attachments

• 20210917_152016.jpg
    20210917_152016.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 208
There something strange going on this area..invisible platform and stairs .. using 1.3 patch
More information needed. How did you even get outside the castle? Do these invisible walls appear constantly or due to some of your actions? I have never seen anything like this on emulators (Yabause, Mednafen).

Attachments

• Dracula_X-NitM-0012.png
    Dracula_X-NitM-0012.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 229
The moment I entered the bottom screen of the tower this issue appeared..The actual tile platform had no collision detection .. it's like the collision detection was shifted. I was using the saturn console/hardware

The moment I entered the bottom screen of the tower this issue appeared..The actual tile platform had no collision detection .. it's like the collision detection was shifted. I was using the saturn console/hardware

Attachments

• 20210917_163231.mp4
    63.7 MB
Does the character fail all the time or not? If not, then it probably triggers some kind of sequence of actions. I could not repeat this bug on either the patched image or the original one. This is strange, since the tilemaps were not changed in the modification. Have you tried the original image?

Does the character fail all the time or not? If not, then it probably triggers some kind of sequence of actions. I could not repeat this bug on either the patched image or the original one. This is strange, since the tilemaps were not changed in the modification. Have you tried the original image?
Only in this area I notice this bug.. I cover more than half of the first castle without any issue.. I'll have to play more around and see if something does trigger it.. the room/screen below this bug area.. is perfectly fine and all the other screen that is connected to this tower section is fine..
I played on the original and on knight's english patch version with no issue on this area.. but I'll try it again later with this save file.. I'm running on an ode mode btw

Only in this area I notice this bug.. I cover more than half of the first castle without any issue.. I'll have to play more around and see if something does trigger it.. the room/screen below this bug area.. is perfectly fine and all the other screen that is connected to this tower section is fine..
I played on the original and on knight's english patch version with no issue on this area.. but I'll try it again later with this save file.. I'm running on an ode mode btw
try it on an emulator. Can you send a save file since you are on an ODE?

Here my save file
booting up my save file again just now, I went to section and i had no issue.. After playing in the area for a bit, I think i figured out on how to trigger the bug. The room before entering this area.. Open up your map screen, exit and go to next room to the issue. I tried it twice and it trigger both times

Attachments

• DRACULAX_02.rar
    1 KB · Views: 192
try it on an emulator. Can you send a save file since you are on an ODE?
Here my save file
booting up my save file again just now, I went to that area and i had no issue.. After playing in the area for a bit, I think i figured out on how to trigger the bug. The room before entering this area.. Open up your map screen, exit and go to next room with the issue. I tried it twice and it trigger both times

Attachments

• DRACULAX_02.rar
    1 KB · Views: 187
Here another bug that happen when viewing the map before enter the area.. its get clear out when entering a new area hallway and than coming back to it

Attachments

• 20210917_234019.jpg
    20210917_234019.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 242
  • 20210917_234030.jpg
    20210917_234030.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 219
  • 20210917_234004.jpg
    20210917_234004.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 244
Here another bug that happen when viewing the map before enter the area.. its get clear out when entering a new area hallway and than coming back to it
Can you make a video with the sequence of your actions? Did I understand correctly that this happens only when playing only for Richter?

You know, that might be the problem. Richter was never meant to have a map
I can confirm that it does not happen for Alucard, only Richter (probably Maria too)

Side note, Paul, you may want to filter out left and right when going to map. I find myself having to stop moving to enter the map screen.

Can you make a video with the sequence of your actions? Did I understand correctly that this happens only when playing only for Richter?

Looks like Mednafen can reproduce it

Attachments

• Akumajou Dracula X - Gekka no Yasoukyoku (Japan) (2M).633274830d86b19cbb8fbc84ca5a5007.bkr.7z
    1.7 KB · Views: 181
I remembered that I had previously encountered tile distortion when playing for Alucard. Then I fixed it, but forgot about Richter and Maria.

Back