I think you probably misunderstood.

Trying older versions is simple troubleshooting, if it works for you then we'll know more about potential causes of the problem reported w/ MODE since we don't have MODEs ourselves to test with.
How selfish of me. You're absolutely right.

Hey!

I specially registered to show my respect for the work! The game is awesome (even though it's early access). I played with a girlfriend, we really liked it, but we did not to kill the pony))

I am a designer and would like to help the project - maybe create "Hellslave" logo or something. Where can we discuss this?

(My apologies for my english)

Reactions: XL2
Hey!

I specially registered to show my respect for the work! The game is awesome (even though it's early access). I played with a girlfriend, we really liked it, but we did not to kill the pony))

I am a designer and would like to help the project - maybe create "Hellslave" logo or something. Where can we discuss this?

(My apologies for my english)
Thanks! The best place to discuss those is the discord server. It's where most of the conversations are.

PS : Future updates will have even more poneys to murder

Thanks! The best place to discuss those is the discord server. It's where most of the conversations are.

PS : Future updates will have even more poneys to murder
For some reason I can’t go to discord :(

I would like to help the project. Let me do a logo audit and come up with a concept for a logo and possibly a poster (of course, free). I need to understand what the main character will be like. Did I understand correctly - the game is planned to be funny, not scary? I can use this. If you have any requests and wishes, I'm ready.

Last edited:
Today I have finally been able to play hellslave, I loved it. I have not been able to complete it, but I think I arrived at the last level. There are many things to improve, but even so you can see this demo many things that in Saturn Commercial Games no or at least not without loading the Framerate or Drawn Distance.

I have found some graphic errors and I have some suggestions that you have surely had in mind:

-Sometimes the character gets stuck when going through doors, you have to jump or retreat to enter more through the center.
-The first enemy embodiment of adornment in a cell appears / suddenly disappears if the player approaches / away.
-An enemy cadaver when killing him at a door was frozen in the air, he disappeared by following other enemies.
-The elevators are activated too soon, waiting for the player to come back down to get on (delay 1 second his activation or switch introductions?)
-The dark areas are too dark, I had to look for the blind way always.
-This I do not know how to explain it, in some rooms there are windows from where you can see a nice skybox from a normal position in the room, but if the player jumps or climbs to a table or sofa to look through the window the low skybox Height and the effect is lost (perhaps putting the windows at higher or eliminating platforms to which it climbs this?)

They are just a player's opinions, I am delighted with the demo and everything you have achieved. It is much more than I expected to ever see in a retro homebrew. Thanks

Today I have finally been able to play hellslave, I loved it. I have not been able to complete it, but I think I arrived at the last level. There are many things to improve, but even so you can see this demo many things that in Saturn Commercial Games no or at least not without loading the Framerate or Drawn Distance.

I have found some graphic errors and I have some suggestions that you have surely had in mind:

-Sometimes the character gets stuck when going through doors, you have to jump or retreat to enter more through the center.
-The first enemy embodiment of adornment in a cell appears / suddenly disappears if the player approaches / away.
-An enemy cadaver when killing him at a door was frozen in the air, he disappeared by following other enemies.
-The elevators are activated too soon, waiting for the player to come back down to get on (delay 1 second his activation or switch introductions?)
-This I do not know how to explain it, in some rooms there are windows from where you can see a nice skybox from a normal position in the room, but if the player jumps or climbs to a table or sofa to look through the window the low skybox Height and the effect is lost (perhaps putting the windows at higher or eliminating platforms to which it climbs this?)

They are just a player's opinions, I am delighted with the demo and everything you have achieved. It is much more than I expected to ever see in a retro homebrew. Thanks
I also observed a lot of bugs - water are visible through walls, sometimes opponents get stuck in doors. But this is an alpha version, everything will be fixed I think.

Made a logo audit.

Yes, I know it's an alpha, I just wanted to give feedback because a lot of homebrew authors complain that no one tests their stuff and told them the mistakes. I did not mean to bother or complain.

Thanks for the comments,
Are you using an emulator by any chances?
I never encountered the bugs you are mentionning, like the skybox thing which sounds like an emulator issue.
As for the enemies dispearing when too close (like the dead bodies), it was about how the portal culling works, but I changed it recently to use an offset.
I never got stuck on doors, so I really don't know about that. Do you have a way to show me?
As for the elevators, as soon a you touch them they go up, but there is enough time for the player to get on it. Some platforms can move up by using a switch as seen in the factory level, so that's another option.
As for being too dark, several people mentionned it, but it all boils down to individual screens and setup.
I might add a slider to adjust the brightness via the VDP2 in the options, but it might ruin the additive transparency effect.

I also observed a lot of bugs - water are visible through walls, sometimes opponents get stuck in doors. But this is an alpha version, everything will be fixed I think.

Made a logo audit.
The water being visible through walls isn't a "bug" : the water is displayed with the VDP2, it doesn't even get overwritten in the framebuffer other than with fake black polygons.
It's with each individual maps that I must flag the walls to display those black polygons, so it's more an issue with the map making process and my limited time for playtesting everything looking at every angles to make sure the geometry is masked.
Flagging everything as a mask would cause useless slowdowns, so it has to be done manually.

I'm also surprised that you also mention opponents getting stuck in doors as I never experienced it.
Dead enemies get their collision detection disabled once they hit the ground to save some ressources and they disappear after 15 seconds, so they shouldn't get stuck midair on the doors.

As for the logo, several people already made some logos and cases mockup.
The game is still far from being complete, so it's quite premature in my opinion, but thanks for the offer!

Thanks for the comments,
Are you using an emulator by any chances?
I never encountered the bugs you are mentionning, like the skybox thing which sounds like an emulator issue.
As for the enemies dispearing when too close (like the dead bodies), it was about how the portal culling works, but I changed it recently to use an offset.
I never got stuck on doors, so I really don't know about that. Do you have a way to show me?
As for the elevators, as soon a you touch them they go up, but there is enough time for the player to get on it. Some platforms can move up by using a switch as seen in the factory level, so that's another option.
As for being too dark, several people mentionned it, but it all boils down to individual screens and setup.
I might add a slider to adjust the brightness via the VDP2 in the options, but it might ruin the additive transparency effect.

Hi!
I use PAL console with NTSC region mod and to load the game I use Satiator. I play using RGB cable on a CRT TV.

Perhaps the bugs are due to Satiator who may have bugs still in official game. On showing the failures that I have perceived, I will try to replay the game and put the mobile in some way to record the television, then I would make clips with the things I mention.

Although I must say that some of them are difficult to repeat, for example the enemy who was frozen in a door, this only happened to me once even though I repeated the same path many times when I died.

Cheers!

Что касается логотипа, то несколько человек уже сделали несколько макетов логотипов и кейсов.
The game is still far from being complete, so it's quite premature in my opinion, but thanks for the offer!
You upset me (

Those levels look great - the colors of the lighting for each "side" really show off your engine (the earlier ones seemed to be mostly muted/brown/gray, which I don't think did it justice). Also, nice use of the VPD2 in that rotating "earth" background!

It's just amazing that we have this, by a hobby programmer, and we also have the Saturn Doom port..

Is this game incompatible with the Retro-Bit wireless controllers? Both bluetooth and 2.4ghz?
Those controllers are just seen as normal controllers by the Saturn, so they cause no issue. I would still recommend a 3D pad over a standard pad.

Hi, I'm playing version 0.25 on the 3d pad.. I notice sometimes the camera button become unresponsive when I press the button to go back to normal view.. I'll be pressing it three times before going back normal view.. most of the time I have no issue .. it's not controller .. I was playing Duke 3d recently.. not sure if this is a known issue

Hi, I'm playing version 0.25 on the 3d pad.. I notice sometimes the camera button become unresponsive when I press the button to go back to normal view.. I'll be pressing it three times before going back normal view.. most of the time I have no issue .. it's not controller .. I was playing Duke 3d recently.. not sure if this is a known issue
I guess you mean with Turok analog disabled? You need to hold X, release and press again quickly. Pressing multiple times won't matter.

Back