Project Z-Treme

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

XL2

I changed how the lighting works, I think it now looks much better/smoother overall and it now allows up to 9 light sources per vertex (1 static + 8 dynamics).
As you can see on the following video (real hardware), it runs fine despite the high amount of polygons (1000+ rendered, often 2000-3000 vertices transformed and lit when needed).

darkfalzx

Hey, if I was to try and create some models for this, what poly count and texture size should I aim for? Can a blender model be imported? Any quirks I should know about? Any specific model requests?

XL2

Hey, if I was to try and create some models for this, what poly count and texture size should I aim for? Can a blender model be imported? Any quirks I should know about? Any specific model requests?
For 3d models (enemies, weapons, etc.) I convert them from obj files. The texture size for the models must be low, with 16 colors max. The quads are small, so except for faces and other "huge" polygons, it should be kept under 16x16.
A 64x64 texture at 4 bpp still takes 2 KB, so if a single model takes 10% of the vram, it's too much.
As the polygon count, my 3d models can have a maximum of 256 vertices, but it needs to be kept much lower to allow multiple enemies on screen. I try to keep enemies around the 100 polygons and 100 vertices mark.