That's great!

Is there a possibility of adding in the English voices?
I've tried looking into the PS1 version's files, and couldn't find them, even with using Audacity to play them as RAW audio files (which worked for the BGM).
I am sure it is possible, but the PS1 english voices are infamous for how annoying they are, and I personally agree. I much prefer the Japanese ones.

Another small update, working out a small bug with the final shop, and with the "bad" ending. Once these bugs have been sorted, a v.99 (everything complete except for lingering issues with the continue sprites and "insufficient space" screen, these will be fixed in v1.0) will be released so ya'll can finish the game.

Last edited:
Rasputin3000 updated Silhouette Mirage - English Patch with a new update entry:

Silhouette Mirage - English Patch Ver. 0.999

This patch makes the game fully playable in english.

Changes from patch 0.90:
  • Now in english:
    • Insufficient RAM screen
    • Area 7 story text
    • Area 7 shop text
  • Issues fixed:
    • Typo in Area 3-3
    • Typo in Area 2-1
    • Typo in Stage Transitions
  • Known issues:
    • Centering of "Insufficient RAM" text
    • "Continue" screen sprites are untranslated

[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

1698878141183.png

This is patch version 0.999, is there a Sega Saturn Patcher 2.0 I'm not aware of?

I can't buy this item at the start of stage 04 (I think). As you can see I have the money but there isn't a buy option. I can buy every other item, I don't rememeber if it is a normal behaviour. Anyone else had this problem?

2023-11-06 01.12.34.jpg

Also, to anyone using Saroo on latest firmware, use the config below if you have no sound fx during gameplay

# SILHOUETTEMIRAGE
[T-32901G V1.003]
sector_delay=4000

I can't buy this item at the start of stage 04 (I think). As you can see I have the money but there isn't a buy option. I can buy every other item, I don't rememeber if it is a normal behaviour. Anyone else had this problem?

View attachment 9015

Also, to anyone using Saroo on latest firmware, use the config below if you have no sound fx during gameplay

# SILHOUETTEMIRAGE
[T-32901G V1.003]
sector_delay=4000
Thanks for the bringing this to my attention. I'll look into it first thing tomorrow. Likely an extra space throwing off the alignment in the hex. Could literally be a 5 second fix.

Rasputin3000 updated Silhouette Mirage - English Patch with a new update entry:

Silhouette Mirage - English Patch Ver. 0.99a

This patch addresses two minor issues.

Changes from patch 0.999:
  • Issues fixed:
    • Removed non-functional "Exit" choice from "Attacking Similar Foes" portion of Tutorial.
    • Bug preventing the player from purchasing "Fatima" in Area 4-1 shop.
  • Known issues:
    • Centering of "Insufficient RAM" text
    • "Continue" screen sprites are untranslated

Read the rest of this update entry...

View attachment 9015

# SILHOUETTEMIRAGE
[T-32901G V1.003]
sector_delay=4000
Bug fixed in the latest version!

The shopkeeper says that a bonus is included with each purchase, as shown in the attached picture. This is referring to the 30-spirit bonus that you get when purchasing a Parasite or Mana in the North American PS1 version, but the Saturn version doesn't give this bonus (nor does the Japanese PS1 version) so the text is erroneous here.

Apart from that, great work! I've played through it a couple of times and had a lot of fun with it :)

Attachments

• shop.png
    shop.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 43
The shopkeeper says that a bonus is included with each purchase, as shown in the attached picture. This is referring to the 30-spirit bonus that you get when purchasing a Parasite or Mana in the North American PS1 version, but the Saturn version doesn't give this bonus (nor does the Japanese PS1 version) so the text is erroneous here.

Apart from that, great work! I've played through it a couple of times and had a lot of fun with it :)
Oh good catch! I hadn't actually played the PS1 version so I thought it was just a wacky line. I'll adjust this line to make more sense. Thanks!

Your comments have been addressed in the latest patch version.

Last edited:
Howdy! I am new to the Saturn scene and am not tech savvy in the slightest. I am using an official release disc for this patch. After booting up SSP I clicked select a Saturn game, chose Silhouette Mirage, selected game patch, then clicked patch image. The game stills remains in Japanese when I play it though, what step am I missing?

Back