Screeen resolution hacks

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Ardiloso

The size of the arena is not enough to fill the wide screen. Color lines on the sides I see for the first time. Perhaps this is the behavior of the game on the console. If you want to keep the aspect ratio of 4: 3 in the battle, then you should replace the modified "BATLE.BIN" file with the original one.
Oh, must be. Thank you, I will keep the battles in 4:3 then.

The battle backgrounds are 512x512. So it may be that in 16:9 the camera moves beyond that. To fix it would probably involve changing each battle background to be a higher resolution with more on all four sides.

Ardiloso

@paul_met I have this Grandia issue to report from several weeks ago, just forgot to post.
There is a screen issue when Justin is leaving New Parm in the ship. The background isn't stretched so the scene looks funny, notice the squares on the sides:

Since I'm playing on real hardware, I don't have means to provide a save game.

paul_met

Website
meduza-team.ucoz.net
There is a screen issue when Justin is leaving New Parm in the ship. The background isn't stretched so the scene looks funny, notice the squares on the sides:
It looks like the background has a limited size (no scrolling). Therefore, the rest of the screen space is filled with garbage.

vbt

Staff member
maybe there is a way to repeat the picture with the layer setup (you know the 4 planes address)

It looks like the background has a limited size (no scrolling). Therefore, the rest of the screen space is filled with garbage.
Yeah, that's most likely exactly it. The game was made with 4:3 in mind so the assets probably aren't big enough for it.

maybe there is a way to repeat the picture with the layer setup (you know the 4 planes address)
If that can fix it without requiring updated assets that might also work for the battle backgrounds.

Reactions: vbt

vbt

Staff member
If that can fix it without requiring updated assets that might also work for the battle backgrounds.
it won't be perfect, but it can do the job, otherwise, it would be adding some hacking lines and update bg scaling on X without modifying the assets.